- 1956: First engine-independent bus heating system
- 1963: Foundation of Webasto Klimatechnik at Gräfelfing near Munich
- 1965: First bus air conditioning system
- 1994: First gas-powered bus heating system
- 1970s: Bus hatch is turned from a legally required emergency exit into a
- 1990: Foundation of Webasto Bus GmbH in Neubrandenburg
- 1998: Merger of the Heating, Air Conditioning and Roof Hatch business units into the
new “Bus Business Unit” of Webasto AG.
- 1999: Acquisition of Parabus, the Finish roof hatch manufacturer
- 2004: New facility in Middle East
- 2005: Foundation of Spheros GmbH
Webasto AG sold its „Business Unit Bus" to Granville Baird Capital Partners,
Capcellence and management. Since this time the company has been legally and
financially independent, operating under the new name Spheros GmbH with the
new Spheros brand.
- 2006: JV with Sumi Motherson in India founded
- 2008: Opening of the new Head Office at Gilching near Munich
- 2008: Neubrandenburg plant becomes a competence centre for heating development
and technology, being the only air conditioner production plant in Central
- 2010: New facilities in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
- 2011: New production facility in Dharwad/India
- 1991-2011: Globalisation in Europe, South Africa, Middle East, USA, Latin Amerika
- 2013: Opening of Spheros Suzhou, China